Podcaster SeanyD talks about the 16 different costs related to attending an industry conference, and how these costs should be factored in to developing a business case to support a training request, request to attend or other reason.
- Did you wonder about how your boss assesses the real costs of attending an event?
- Did you remember to factor in the currency conversion rate?
- What on earth is a buffer cost?
- What about the service industry cost outside the main event?
- Why would I ever consider tourism, museum and gift costs?
We’d love to hear your feedback about your experiences with industry conferences.
- How do you justify spending the money to attend the event?
- What are the factors you consider when making a decision about attending an event?
- Is there any costs that we missed that you would like to share with us?
Our research has used the following sites:
- http://www.xe.com for currency conversion
- http://www.aircanada.com for flight information
- https://biarri.com/decision-making-analytics-gut-feeling/ for stats on percentage of decisions that are based on “gut feeling”
- Business analysis techniques culled from the Business Analysis body of knowledge. Visit http://www.iiba.org for more.
Copyright © 2017.