- Tolerates redundancy to assist query speed across multiple tables
- Uses cubes rather than table concept
- Few tables; fact table concept is used; measures are connected to dimensional tables
- Uses OLAP (online analytical processing) – an environment where information is queried. There are no updates, deletes or inserts in a data warehouse or data mart.
- OLTP is online transactional processing (this is the most commonly used environment where data is inserted, updated, deleted and selected)
Factless fact table was discussed. More information on this is available in another Smoothcube™ blog article here.